24 February 2009

off to a good start

Yes, I know. I am being pretty pathetic at keeping up with my blog here. But I'm a newbie blogger! I'm a freelancer! I have too many other things to do! Yeah.

Basically, what it comes down to is

a. I need to get over the fear that I'll just be one of gazillions contributing their mindless chatter into the nethersphere, adding to the matrix of incomprehensible jibberish that is steadily and exponentially contributing to the downfall of collective humanity's intelligence,

and

b. I need to stop being lazy about posting, and – as that most famous of branders once said – just do it.

So here's my question for today: what's the "correct" percentage of time in any given week that should be allocated to keeping up with the business side of business? For all you freelancers out there, how important is it for you to keep building the brand image that is, essentially, you?

And why is this so difficult to do?

2 comments:

  1. That is a really good question, and I don't know what the "correct" answer would be. I'm going to venture a ballpark guess of 70%, although my ideal would be about 5%! I wonder what ratio other freelancers spend on the business aspect of their craft?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well obviously in my case, not nearly enough! Otherwise I would have gone to my blog and SAW that there was a COMMENT ready for my approval! Sorry about that, Corrie. Thanks for your comment, and I'd have to agree with you: 5% sounds about right!

    ReplyDelete